Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Purim and cookies

The spirit of Purim seemed to have taken over me today. I was in high spirits and a good mood throughout the day. It certainly helped that the bitch-boss didn't come to work AT ALL today, staying with her apartment-related errands.

So it was in that good spirit that I agreed to hop over to my aunt's this evening. Her son, Roey, is turning 3 years old next week. Which means he'll get his first haircut at long last (and this is happening tomorrow, in Jerusalem). My little sister and I bought him a nice fancy shirt as a present, which my aunt said she'll put on him tomorrow for his big day. Because of all of this, aunt made a ton of food for tomorrow, including some kick-ass cookies - white and dark chocolate chips, and cookies with colorful chocolate buttons on them. I ate them fresh and hot, good stuff.
The only problem was her 2 other kids - Ronny and Rotem. Two hyper-active girls, 6 and 8 years old, who run around, jump around, climb around and cling onto me for dear life. These girls don't see me often because I don't come visiting often even though I live right across the street, so they don't take me for granted the way they do for my little sister who practically lives there... so they decided that I'm gonna babysit them today. I sniggered. Me and kids? No thanks. Last time I tried that the two of them beat the crap out of me. And I'm taller!!!
Vicky (the aunt) also insisted of attempting to make conversation with me. In reality she couldn't sit still (as always) and spent her time washing the floor while asking me questions over the screams of her kids, and then made a cake while making small talk. Vicky will be Vicky, I guess...

My friend Hadar came by later on. We talked about Andrew McMahon a lot because tonight he's playing a concert in London that I hate to be missing. I tried to get her to fall for Andrew's music and be inspired by his life-story. Well, she did find his story to be inspiring, and gave him props for giving so much of his time to raising money for cancer research. But the music didn't seem to spark anything in her. Oh well, we'll work on that...

Okay, I realize this was a horrible blog. I'm not feeling too inspired to write something of more substance or interest... but hey, I did blog for 3 days in a row. Yay me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home